Friday, August 03, 2007

Scion, oh mighty Scion

Your bison now are dust!
As your cornflakes rise
"Gainst the rust-red skies,
Then our blood requires us must
Go ...

OK, anybody know the next line? A few of you will get the reference right away. Of course the original lyric was "Zion, oh mighty Zion," but to me Scion always sounded like Zion.

Thursday came and went and the dealer (Classic) couldn't deliver my tC when they said they would.

Having seen a bunch of Scions with no spoiler, the "lip" spoiler (a little thing), and the "pedestal" spoiler, it was clear that the lip was best. No spoiler was naked, and the pedestal, while not bad, made the car look too toy-like from a distance. The prices were both steep - $385 for the lip and $475 for the pedestal.

They first ordered the wrong part. The part numbers have changed for the 2008's. Then they procured another locally - oops, a pedestal. Then it just didn't arrive when it should have.

Now I have to take the car naked because we are planning to take a car trip very soon and I really don't want to do that without driving it a little. If I have to take my trip with it incomplete I will be furious.

The moment was ruined. Instead of being really happy about my purchase, I am angry. I still think the car and options were an excellent selection and in a week or so I shouldn't remember this. Ah, but it is inscribed in this blog for all posterity.

Bob Klass
August 3, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment