Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Saga and the Road Trip

The Scion saga is toning down (you really need to read the thread from the bottom up). We took delivery on Saturday (August 4), sans spoiler. Spoiler will arrive and be installed at some time - maybe Tuesday. In the mean time, we can get some miles on it. I still like it, of course. Even more, I think. It is a well designed and built machine. I just wish it were done the way we wanted. The general manager of the dealership gave us a significant concession to try to make us feel better. It worked. I could have stopped payment on the check - I was amazed that it hadn't yet been paid. Instead I'm pretty happy.



It was nice to drive a round a bit. We went to the Wickliffe High School Alumni ice cream social at a park called Penitentiary Glen. My good friend Frank (and Matt's boss - Frank is the president of Omnia Telos) was running his steam train and giving rides. It certainly is a unique hobby. He loves it. I needed to go to a Wal-Mart to get stuff to work on Matt's car before he takes off for Purdue. We drove intentionally in the wrong direction from the park and eventually one popped up (in Chardon).

From August 4, 2007

The plan for the road trip is interesting. Very soon (after Matt is back at school) we're going to take an extended drive in the Scion tC (5 days). We originally were thinking of driving up to Toronto (haven't been there is quite a while) and maybe Montreal (never been there). We also had toyed with driving all the way to Pullman, Washington, where my niece is starting grad school (to be a veterinarian). Other possibilities were Nashville/Memphis or New York. We settled on a loop through Washington, D.C. along the coast to Cape Hatteras, and back through the mountains. I was only in Cape Hatteras once before, with Chris Bauer. I remember it as a beautiful place with an endless beach. I really need some time away from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment