Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Indians Win It, The Indians Win It, OMYGODTHEINDIANSWINIT


I cried hard today. Almost As hard as I cried when I sat in crappy outfield seats at Jacobs Field with Gayle and Matt and Holly in 1995 and watched the Indians clinch against the Orioles. That was special because in my lifetime (b. 1957) they had never won anything. They've now won the division seven times, but being an Indian FAN has been tough. You have to wait and then savor the win! In case you didn't notice, the Cleveland Indians Major League Baseball Team won the American League Central Division Championship this afternoon. Go Tribe!

It happened on a perfect Northeast Ohio September afternoon, capping an outstanding week of beautiful weather. I hope that when the weather turns a little colder for the playoffs in October things don't go sour. The one player that really complained about not being able to play when it got cold has not been a factor since then (Andy Marte - shame on him). I am thrilled for the team. Congratulations!

Today I got a chance to catch some rays and get out and run and ride my bike. And sit (and jump) in front of the TV watching the Indians!

Back in 1997 I had just put in my pool and it had not been open very long so I kept it open throughout the World Series. I remember we all went in the pool even though it snowed during game 5 (heater a blazing). My pool is closed for the season this year (bummer, but a reality around here - too many leaves falling and too few nice days to swim). Lets hope that we'll be watching them in the Series again this year.

While I am on a sports kick, go Buckeyes and Boilermakers! Both my kids Big Ten teams are undefeated. Lets hope they are are still perfect when they meet October 6th. I don't know who to cheer!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, and somebody bought my Detroit Tigers toilet seat anyway!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/DETROIT-TIGERS-TOILET-SEAT-NEW-NEVER-BEEN-MOUNTED_W0QQitemZ150162125038QQihZ005QQcategoryZ25136QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

    Bob

    ReplyDelete