Thursday, September 06, 2007

Find the Frontier




In 1992, the studio band The Division of Music, created a masterpiece called Find the Frontier. I worked very hard with Mark Adams and Don Mercier in the old "Litterbox Studio" (at my old house) to put it together. The songs were all originals except for one Frank Zappa song ("Lucille Has Messed Up My Mind").

A great deal of effort went into the writing, recording and mixing of this album. It included detailed liner notes and original artwork.


Link: Artwork scans


I don't know how many copies of the album were made. Back in the day, they were on cassettes, and I think something like 120 were done. It was all extremely high quality - metal tape and stuff. Then, when we did CD's, I completely lost track of how many were made. I would guess there are 200+ in circulation (or more likely, in a land fill).

In an effort to spread the joy I still get when hearing this great album, I will push it in a more modern digital media (even though I dislike compressed audio). At first it will be just some links from this blog, but I really think it could use a myspace too. That might bring more new people to the music. Listen and enjoy!



The Golden Fool (Klass) - it's about stupidity
It's The Truth (Klass) - a Taoist 23rd Psalm
Lucille Has Messed Up My Mind (Zappa) - (not originally posted)
Du Hast Recht (Klass) - anti-war at all costs (especially religion) - gimmick: German lyrics
No Dogs Allowed (Adams) - Mark's bizarre dream
Frontier (Mercier) - Donnie's great instrumental
Future Peace (Adams/Klass) - anti-war, anti-hate (wishful thinking)
Nature's Playground (Adams) - captures the feeling of being one with nature

Comments certainly are welcome. Come back and listen again!

No comments:

Post a Comment