Monday, July 30, 2007

I don't like Mondays

Shoot the whole day down.

I have a little time for a rant, since I have to wait and wait for more stupid stuff. This day didn't go well. I was working with some Sharepoint templates that had interrelated webparts. They work well until you try to transport them to some other site collection. The solution is to fix the GUIDs of the various pieces. The new Sharepoint Designer has a wonderful replace feature that lets you look through everything in a site and replace stuff like this. The problem is designer is pretty stupid and has a bug whereby it somehow gets {(guid)} and makes {{guid)}} out of it. I saw it with my own eyes. I ended up deleting two test sites today instead of trying to fix them after Sharepoint Designer got through fixing them.

Other things went poorly today as well. This is the life of a curmudgeon.

Bob Klass
July 30, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment