Friday, July 27, 2007

Cleveland is Swarming with People

It's a good thing when this town gets cooking in the summer. Rightfully, it is the only time it should get a strong tourist business. The weather is usually outstanding (and it can be soooo bad the rest of the year). Unfortunately, we've had a string of rainy weather that won't completely end until tomorrow, but it doesn't seem to have killed the cool events.

Last night I went to the Scene Music Festival. It consisted of 36 regional bands in 7 bars (some had two stages). The evening started with a huge thunderstorm, but after that things dried out. I was pleasantly surprised to see the street and bars filled (jammed as the night went on). It was a younger crowd and just a very good time. I caught at least pieces of about 10 bands.

At 7 AM this morning, there were two national TV shows doing live remotes from Cleveland. I went to the one for the CBS Early Show. Patti Smith performed a handful of numbers over the course of the two hours. It was raining steadily right up until things started, and then it stopped and the sun even came out. Patti was wonderful. She is a treasure. She made me cry!

One more bloggish comment - I hope to get some pictures, audio and video of all this posted. I have a lot of crude stuff that I did with my cell phone (Samsung A-727). I've just been pretty busy, and will continue to be for the next several days.

Bob Klass
July 27, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment