Thursday, July 26, 2007

Concerts, concerts, concerts

Anybody who knows me knows that I love to go to shows. I avoid most (but not all) of the big arena shows, but I try to get out often to clubs and stuff. The next three days are exceptional.

Tonight is http://www.clevescene.com/php/retail/cle/musicfestival/pg2.html. 36 bands, one night, $5. I'm sure to get my money's worth. Especially since I signed up early online and got a coupon for a free t-shirt.

Tomorrow morning it's Patti Smith in front of the Rock Hall for live TV - CBS Early Show. Patti Freakin Smith. She just doesn't seem to come to Cleveland, but all of a sudden (with very little announcement), she will be here tomorrow.

Tomorrow night is Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush (at the hated, but great sounding Cleveland House of Blues). My dear old friend Nick is a big fan. I think it will be worth the very reasonable $25 (for one of the good seats) just for one good Frank Marino solo. Check out the one aptly called "guitar solo." http://www.myspace.com/frankmarinoandmahoganyrush

Saturday is Zappa Plays Zappa. I saw the previous touring version of this in Canton, Ohio last winter. The one with Terry Bozzio, Steve Vai, and Napoleon Murphy Brock. This one has different personnel. http://www.zappaplayszappa.com/

Enough wasting time blogging - I have Sharepoint things to attend to. The lawyer I was helping has been extremely successful in his blog, by the way. It's one of the most visited legal blogs!

Bob Klass

No comments:

Post a Comment