Saturday, November 07, 2020

Great Lawyers Redeeming Themselves

Taking the High Road

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-lawyer-election-donations/lawyers-spurn-trump-campaign-in-individual-donations-including-from-jones-day-idUSKBN27531P

It's been reported that a certain big law firm that sends me a retirement check every month and who seemed to have been in bed big time with the Trump administration, contributed $90,000 to the Biden campaign and $50 to Trump.

When I worked there I always felt that the Firm's clients deserved whatever representation they could afford, and our people were really smart. And expensive. I did not work there during Trump, but now that Trump is over, it seems like their impartiality, and commitment to giving the best legal work anybody is willing to pay for, takes the high road.

My faith in "the Firm" is restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment