Sunday, March 27, 2011

Schoolboy Makes Disciple

I have to admit that I have been trying to manipulate my BeerAdvocate.com "Beer Karma" rating (my BeerAdvocate personna is Schoolboy). Their ratings are based on a secret formula. I think that part of that rating is based on having a subscription to the magazine. There are initiates ad disciples that have contributed very little content - they have to be subscribers. I do not subscribe, so I have to have lots of content.

Lately I  have been trying to post to forums and such whenever I contribute a review, just to try to get the points over 500. It happened today after 271 beer reviews, 23 forum posts, etc. Woo hoo.

1 comment:

  1. In December 2014 I was promoted to Advocate, and I think it was January of 2015 I posted my 1000th full review. I bought a BeerAdvocate t-shirt to honor the occasion.

    ReplyDelete