Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rant: What kind of CSS could do this?

I have thousands of SharePoint 2007 sub sites that use some old custom branding, but I don't blame the custom branding for the crazy behavior I have been observing.

I am doing one last version of the site template before we redo the whole thing for SharePoint 2010. In creating the site template, I noticed that the site home pages (webpart pages) started showing the webpart titles with a different color after opening the document library by clicking the title. This is sort of normal browser behavior for visited links, but it doesn't do it all the time.

When I first create a site from my previous template the links do not change after you open from them. I tried this on my North America, Asia and Europe farms and they all did the same thing. I really don't have time to debug the CSS (and I don't want to mess with it) - but I have time to rant. We don't want them to change after visiting.

Anyway, I need to edit the home page. So I add a new webpart to the page, edit it in a couple wonderful SharePointy ways (other screwiness and fun), and .... VOILA the other links all start changing. Definitely one of the funnier WFT SharePoint things I've seen lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment