Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Live Recording with the Zoom H2 - Epilog

See previous

Last Saturday I took the H2 to the House of Blues in Cleveland and recorded Dickie Betts. Dickie allows taping, but I thought I'd try out my stealth since they have overly strong security at that venue. I had no issues with stealthiness.

In general, I would say that recoding with the H2 is much less prone to error than with the Rockbox iRiver. Once it is set, just turn it on, press record to arm and press record again to confirm. I used the same levels I used for the last show (78, and it is set at the least sensitive level).

I have not used any of the compression or limiting and there hasn't been any issues with overload. The levels also haven't been too low. Just no issues (so far).

The recording is great. Betts brings a three guitar, two drummer (plus bass and keys) ensemble. They can do "Allman Brothers" style music very effectively, and as my friend Nick said, he obviously just loves to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment