Saturday, January 03, 2009

Indians Depth Chart - I Hope This Is Better Than It Looks

I got a little depressed today as I was reading about the trade for Mark DeRosa. That seems to have been a good trade - he must either be expensive or not have a lot of time left on his contract, because they gave up very little for a good player.

This is the depressing part - the depth chart: http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/team/depth_chart/index.jsp?c_id=cle. It doesn't feel like a championship team. It doesn't feel like a contender. I hope that changes. I have followed Indians baseball as a fan since I was a kid. It's always fun, even if they aren't very good, but right now there doesn't seem like there is enough there to make it fun.

The pitching depth is very questionable. Almost every position is questionable. Centerfield and catcher are pretty well covered. Hopefully I will gain confidence in these guys as they show up in their new spring training site. 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:29 PM

    hey but you got Carl Pavano now!

    ReplyDelete