Sunday, December 13, 2009

I've Been Promoted ...

... from Acolyte to Initiate on the Beer Advocate web site. This is a promotion from the lowest of first time public users, to the next to lowest. Although I should consider this insulting considering the amount of premium brew I have consumed in my lifetime, and as a graduate of THE Ohio University in Athens, Ohio (a supreme school of partying for over 200 years), I am instead thrilled!

If you like beer a lot, you should become a member at Beer Advocate (http://beeradvocate.com). Although it is a great source of beer info, it is more importantly a great place where you can record your beer observations (in public). I have been doing this for four years, mostly for my own records.

For a while I have been wondering what criteria gets a person a promotion at this institution. I had been a member for a long time and I have submitted well over 100 beer reviews, but no promotion. Their system is mysterious, kind of like my employers' salary and partner info (but obviously of less consequence). Very hush hush. The writings I have published are far more interesting than the same old recanting of the color, head, aromatic characteristics, etc. I thought perhaps one needed to subscribe to their magazine or something, as some people seem to get promoted quickly. That's my guess since I never did that. But my efforts and long term advocacy of Beer Advocate have finally been acknowledged.

Take a visit to the Beer Advocate web site today and look for me there under my beer alias "Schoolboy."

No comments:

Post a Comment