Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Jeff Beck, Travis, Berlioz, Mozart and Sibelius in 8 Days

Today begins a very full 8 day week of music. I have been looking forward to tonight's Jeff Beck concert at the Cleveland House of Blues for some time. Years, in fact.  Fortunately, Jeff Beck has been touring a lot lately. He fronts a band with the highest caliber of musicianship. 

Next Monday is the great brit-pop group, Travis, also at the Cleveland House of Blues. Travis latest album is similar to their other hauntingly dreary yet uplifting albums, but more electric. 

I am looking forward to seeing both of those shows from the extreme comfort and sonic heaven of the HOB balcony. 

Also a sonic heaven will be the Cleveland Orchestra with guest conductor, Sir Colin Davis next Thursday. Cleveland's Severance Hall is a wonderful place. My employer is sponsoring these concerts, so heavily discounted ($60 tickets for $20) were available. 

Speaking of ticket prices, the Jeff Beck tickets were the most expensive I have purchased for the HOB at $99 each, including the ridiculous fees. You may or may not know, I used to boycott the HOB because they are an out of town company that received tax abatements so they could put local venues out of business. Once I broke my boycott, the flood gates opened, but I still bad- mouth it and the bar stinks (high prices and poor selection).

2 comments:

  1. Bob from Tiffin12:25 AM

    I been scouring the web for the setlist for Jeff Beck's 4/15/09 at the House Of Blues. One week later and I still think about it daily. Just got his DVD Live @ Ronnie Scotts and watched it, coincidentally about the same time as the show last week. Thanks either way on the setlist, but it sure would be great to have a confirmed list of the songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check it out: http://bobklass.blogspot.com/2009/04/jeff-beck-cleveland-set-list.html

    ReplyDelete